AetherSX2 For Macs (Apple Silicon)
This page contains AetherSX2 releases for Apple Silicon Macs.
IT WILL NOT RUN ON INTEL MACS.
As mentioned in the main desktop readme, unfortunately we can't update these builds very often, due to the time and monetary cost of creating cloud instances every time we create a new build. This also adds difficulty to debugging any issues.
If there's sufficient interest in these builds, then we can possibly use Patreon funds to purchase a Mac Mini for local development. But for now, we have to prioritize Android.
For similar reasons, we also do not currently have an Apple code signing certificate. You may have to allow unsigned/non-app-store apps to run to launch AetherSX2.
- Download the zip file.
- Extract the zip file (some browsers may do this automatically).
- Double-click to open the app. If you get a security error (GateKeeper), you can try right clicking, and selecting Open, which should give you an additional "Open" option in the popup.
- Either add your BIOS files to '[home directory]/Library/Application Support/AetherSX2/bios', or change the BIOS path in settings.
- Add a directory from the settings menu to scan for games. Don't select your home directory or the root of any external volumes, it'll take forever. Pick the directory with your game dumps.
- Launch game and enjoy.
- None at this time.
Default Keyboard bindings
You can change these in settings.
- Left Stick: WASD
- Right Stick: TFGH
- Triangle/Circle/Cross/Square: IJKL
- Start: Enter
- Select: Backspace
- L1/R1: Q/E
- L2/R2: 1/3
- L3/R3: 2/4
- Save States: F1 to load, F2 to select slot, F3 to save.
- Toggle Frame Limit: F4
- Toggle Software Renderer: F9